Lead Teacher of Economics
The Royal Greenwich Trust School (RGTS) places learner engagement and learner voice at the heart of its vision. We recognise that learning is complex and there are several forces that influence learning. In order to harness this, we recognise that complexity and diversity are increasingly integrated using time, technology and space in new ways. Our curriculum and our approach to teaching and learning places strong emphasis on 6 key areas: Communication, Investigation, Networking, Participation, Scholarship and Vision. It is because students learn to excel in these areas that they gain the confidence to become successful global citizens.
RGTS is also excited with the extension of our new build commencing September 2018; which should be completed by the end of summer 2019.
In recruiting for a Lead Teacher of Economics role we are seeking the following from applicants:-
- To contribute to the creation, development and review of all schemes of work within the Economics area
- Teach consistently high quality lessons
- Be a role model for students, inspiring them to be actively interested in Economics
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Good interpersonal skills, excellent organisational skills with good attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritise workload effectively
- Able to develop effective relationships with all internal and external communities
- Ability to work effectively in a team and work towards developing and sharing good practices
- Be able to demonstrate belief in RGTS and University Trust Schools ethos and values.
To apply, please download and forward your completed application form to email@example.com for the attention of Fiona Benjamin. You may also visit our school website www.rgtrustschool.net
If you have any questions, please contact Fiona Benjamin by email or phone 020 8312 5480.
Closing Date: Wednesday, 30 January 2019
Location: Greenwich, SE London
Start date: ASAP
Salary: MPR – UPR plus TLR 2
Royal Greenwich Trust School is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS.
How to apply
Please send your completed application to HR@rgtrustschool.net for the attention of Fiona Benjamin